Oct 11, 2017

Mud Fish Soup~ Nam-won Chu-eo-tang, Si-heung 시흥 물왕동 추오정 남원 추어탕

Took KTX to Siheung-si early in the morning for a meeting. After meeting end, have lunch together with people from the meeting at a famous Chueo-tang restaurant nearby. It's my first time eating Chueotang (mudfish soup). I am quite anticipated as I have been curious how it taste like. Turns out it taste similar like Dwenjang Jiggae with the texture like Kongbiji Jiggae! Haha! Not fishy as I imagine it will be. This Chueotang I am having is Namwon style - where mudfish are boiled till tender, sieved to remove bones and skins before add in with broth with seasoning (gochujang, dwenjang, ginger, ground black pepper) and vegetables. Also tried their famous tonkatsu layered with pumpkin and cheese inside and green chili peppers tempura. Comfort meal for me in this wet and chilly raining day!










No comments:

Post a Comment