Sep 11, 2024

String tied Bak Kut Teh~ Pao Xiang Bak Kut Teh, Pavilion KL

I recommend Bak Kut Teh as lunch to my Singapore branch GM and a senior (both Koreans) who never try Malaysian Bak Kut Teh before. Was hesitate a bit between Pao Xiang and Samy since both are good and I had tried both so far. Despite the google reviews kind of low compared to before, I choose to go Pao Xiang for the ambient and hospitality by the Chinese servers when I approached the place. Another reason is Pao Xiang's trademark~ string tied Bak Kut Teh which kept the meat texture firmer and absorb more flavour of the herb tea broth. I made a right choice. It gives them good impression on their very first "black" Bak Kut Teh from Malaysia which is different from the "white" Bak Kut Teh" in Singapore. Two of them goes for Tua kut (大骨 / big bone) as that's what attracts them when they sit down and saw the menu on the wall. I still prefer fat meat so I go for ka-wan (脚弯 / pork leg). 

Meat part is serves in individual bowl for 1 serving, but surprisingly a big eater like me and the two gentlemen find the portion is a little more than than what we expected for 1 pax. Luckily we did not order extra meat part to share. Besides that, we shared you-tiao, yao mak (not in picture) and braised eggs. Our order came out pretty fast even though the restaurant is nearly full house and it's lunch peak hours, servers are attentive too (that's what I am looking for when I am with guest). They even give us a nice table at the corner with decorative rack with tea cups and tea pots when I call up to reserve me a table just 15 mins before we walked in to the restaurant. I am glad they like Malaysian style Bak Kut Teh, next time will let them try Samy for a different taste of herb broth. 





No comments:

Post a Comment