Jan 22, 2024

Michelin Bib Gourmand Bak Kut Teh~ Hing Kee Bakuteh (main branch), Jalan Kepong

My 3rd week of January started to fill with food trips with a good friend who are coming back for long break from overseas and stay over at my place. Right after she left, a foodie friend asked me to go for dinner and we went for Michelin bib gourmand bak kut teh at Kepong haha. I seriously need to walk more this month to burn off what I've eat for the past few days. So back to Hing Kee Bakuteh, we went to their HQ (which is stated in the Michelin guide) located at 121, Jalan Kepong, next to Aeon Kepong. They have a branch not far away from HQ - located next to RHB bank. In fact we droved by it before we reach the HQ. 









Different from Klang BKT which is serving the morning crowds, Hing Kee BKT open from 4pm until 2.30am to serve the night owls. It reminds of me the Beng Kee BKT at Old Green House, Jalan Burmah, Penang. During college days, I used go there for claypot BKT as supper with classmate after we finish night class. What we order for our BKT tonight are 生骨 Sang Kuat (ribs/ meat bones), 脚弯 Ka-wan (pork back trotter), stuffed intestines and fucuk (bean curd skin). It's my first time eating sang-kuat and stuffed intestine Bak kut teh. The stewed fat ka-wan never failed to be my favourite~ Hing Kee bkt broth color is lighter and soupy compare to Klang bkt.

       

       

No comments:

Post a Comment