May 14, 2016

My second time cooking a Korean Birthday Meal. 두번째 생일 식사 만들기

Since I took a career break (from last year), I have been cooking a lot of Korean dish daily. Today is my second time challenge myself cooking a a simple Korean birthday meal for my Korean husband. Still, took me nearly 4 hours to complete - from preparation to cooking done. And it is not including groceries shopping, dish washing and cleaning later. It's tiring (to be honest), but nothing beats when you see a happy and surprise face upon seeing the birthday meal on the table.


Bossam (boiled pork belly) is the main dish today since it's our favourite. Bossam is eaten with ssam (veggie wrap), therefore I also prepared lettuce, perilla leaves, mat-kimchi, mul-saengchae (marinated shredded radish), chili, onions, garlic slices and ssamjang. Seogogi Miyeok-guk (seaweed soup with beef brisket) which is a must for Korean birthday. And a seafood pajeon as addition dish with dipping sauce made of soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seed, gochugaru, and chopped spring onion. I will blog about how to cook Bossam later to keep record for my Korean Kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment