Aug 16, 2012

Climbs up 7th Storey Pagoda~ Kek Lok Si, Penang

A week after back from Singapore, here I am at Penang again. The students is going to finish their internship and returning to Korea soon. So I am here to wrap things up and farewell with them. As what they wish, we came to visit Kek Lok Si for after have lunch together. Initially I want to let them start off from the bottom of Kek Lok Si where they need to ascend via stairways with shops and stalls that selling souveniers and stuffs alongside. However consider that it's 12 noon, hot and humid and the young one doesn't really likes to walk a lot. I drove them up to the main hall of Kek Lok Si and park the vehicle at a paid parking place instead.

After visit the main hall, instead of walk up, I let them experience to ride on the inclined lift to the highest ground of Kek Lok Si where the Pagoda and the 120ft tall Guan Yin Statue is. Since I have been making it easy for them, I then decided to make them climb up the seven-storey Pagoda for the view of Kek Lok Si and Ayer Itam from top. They do complaints when they making their way up, but when they see the view, they finally think it is really worth it. I am glad they have a g good time and they appreciate my time for always bringing them visit around here and there in Penang whenever I can.     
  











 

No comments:

Post a Comment