Feb 9, 2024

My first Danish meal~ DenHygge, Empire Damansara

I thought I will be alone spending my CNY eve as my family members only arrive tomorrow's noon to spend CNY with me in KL. Didn't expect I got a last minute lunch date with Danish food, what a pleasant surprise. It's my first time try out Danish food at this cozy and homey feel 'DenHygge' runs and owns by a friendly Danish native chef & his Russian wife. Friend and I go for the Special CNY Plate where we can taste many variations in one plate. Gravlax (cured salmon) with Fox Sauce; hard boiled egg with a spread of mayo topped with shrimps & caviar; roast beef with pickled mayo & fried onion; fried fish fillet with pickled mayo; fried pork belly (similar to Siu-yuk) with pickled cucumber & red cabbage; and pork liver pate with pickled cucumber & fried bacon is my favourite among all and it taste like spam. Rugbrød - the Danish rye bread that served with butter can be really filling with just 1 to 2 slices. We enjoy the plate with a glass of Upside Down Sauvignon Blanc, also enjoy our after meal black coffee.



















No comments:

Post a Comment