Oct 24, 2016

Tokyo Secret Hanjuku Cheese Tart & Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tart

Cheese tart craze hit the town! Saw a super long queue at Tokyo Secret, 1 Utama when they newly open. The queue is as long as when McD giving out Free breakfasts. These cheese tarts craze is started from Singapore, when Bake Cheese Tart from Hokkaido opened it's first store at ION Orchard and create a 3-hours long queues just for their cheese tarts. Wonder how delicious it is, and I get to try when we spotted that there is about 5 peoples in the queue. No kidding, after I started to wait in the line, the queue begin to get long again. 


Originate from Hong Kong, Tokyo Secret is selling Japanese Hanjuku Cheese Tart (Half Baked Cheese Tart) with high quality cheese imported from Japan. There are 4 Flavors available~ Hanjuku Cheese Tart (Original flavor), Matcha Hanjuku Cheese Tart, Hazelnut Hanjuku Cheese Tart,  and Coffee Hanjuku Cheese Tart. It is freshly baked and hot from oven! There are few ways to enjoy the unique taste of cheese tart:-

1. Consume right after it was baked under room temperature! 
2. Refrigerated it, and it will taste like you are eating cheese cake
3. Freeze it in freezer, and it will turn into a tasty ice-cream 



We bought Hanjuku Cheese Tart (RM7.90) & Hazelnut Hanjuku Cheese Tart (RM8.90) each home as our tea time. I reheat it before eat as per advise. Thrilled to see the creamy cheese melting and flow down slowly from the Hanjuku Cheese Tart  after took a first bite. The biscuit layer is so crispy and buttery, and the creamy cheese inside is milky, rich of cheese flavor! Love it! Since we are sharing, I feel like one is not enough as he always took a bigger bite than me! The Hazelnut Hanjuku Cheese Tart filling with chocolate cream cheese, sprinkle with crunchy toasted hazelnut bits has a buttery crispy just like the original flavor. And, my heart goes for the the original flavor, unforgettable! It might be pricey, but I think it is worth for it. 


Few days later, before starting my journey back to Penang via Aeroline from One Utama at 10.30am, I went early and walked all the way up to Tokyo Secret store hoping to buy some cheese tarts to bring back for my family. However they only open at 11am (sad~). Since I disembark at Queensbay Mall, I then decide to get Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tart instead since I also never tried before. Just like Tokyo Secret, when I started to line up there's only 2 to 3 peoples but it gets longer right after that. The cheese tart is selling at RM5.80 per piece, buy 5 free 1 @ RM29.00. Cheaper than Tokyo Secret's. I end up bought 6pcs x 2 box at RM58.00 in total. 

Judge from the outlook, I already could tell why Tokyo Secret half-baked cheese tart is more worthy although price is a little higher than Hokkaido's. First, Hokkaido's cheese tart size is smaller, crust is thicker. not buttery and crumbly as Tokyo Secret's. And, it's not half-baked cheese - the cheese filling is not cheesy enough too! More like Portuguese cheese egg tart for me. I would prefer Tokyo Secret's if I were to get half bake cheese tart next time. By the way, Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tarts is not from Hokkaido, it's a Japanese-styled Cheese Tart is made in Malaysia by Secret Recipe. They have been aggressively expanding the cheese tart store lately and up to date there are already 24 outlets in Malaysia. Good news is our Muslim friend can enjoy the cheese tart too as their cheese tart is certified Halal by Jakim.

No comments:

Post a Comment