Jun 26, 2012

Katsudon & Tonkatsu~ Takehana, Plaza Mont Kiara

One of the few long existed Japanese restaurants in Mont Kiara at Plaza Mont Kiara. Kind of hidden at the back of Block D where McDonald's or 7-11 is. If it wasn't because of the property agent aunty brought me here for lunch before, I probably won't know bout it unless I walk to the backside of that section. The male cook and lady boss are local Chinese but food is authentic Japanese taste - judge by the place has quite a number of Japanese diners everytime when I am here. They have this lunch promo where Japanese Ramen is only RM10, popular among the office workers around this area. Today I bring Ga-yoon here for lunch and two of us order a Katsudon (Japanese Pork Cutlet and Egg Rice Bowl) and Tonkatsu. Both are deep fried breaded pork cutlet. The different is, Katsudon is simmered with soya sauce, dashi, onions and eggs. While Tonkatsu is served with shredded cabbage and katsu sauce. Look at the thick cuts of pork cutlet~ juicy tender yet the fat is preserve. Perfect for me! Price around RM18++ for the don. Recommended to try on their donburi especially Katsudon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment